Sunday, January 4, 2009

"Twilight"

I admit it. I’m a “Twerd”, a “Twilight” nerd. Edward Cullen is my boyfriend, and I don’t care who knows it. I’m taking him to school with me when we return from Christmas break tomorrow. Seriously. I am. Geoff bought me a life-sized, cardboard cut out of Edward, and I’m putting him right behind my desk. I’ve seen the movie three times, I’m more than half-way through the third novel for the second time, and I’m anxiously awaiting the release of “New Moon”.

Call me crazy. I’ve been called worse. I’ve been called a fang-banger. I have a T-shirt that I wear every time I go see the movie that says, “TEAM EDWARD! Because Jacob Doesn’t SPARKLE!” Yes, it’s hot pink. Yes, it sparkles. Of course, it does! Sean-Martin wants a T-shirt that says, “Suck THIS, Edward!” but I won’t let him have one. Geoff wants the T-shirt that says, “Meanwhile, in a town called ‘Spoons’”.

I never understood the Potter/Wizard frenzy or the Rings/Hobbit frenzy or even the Force/Vader frenzy, although Lando WAS hot! But, boy, I’m telling you what! I sure get the Vampire/Cullen frenzy! Can’t get enough of it!

Can anybody relate?

7 comments:

Lisa Alexander said...

I have seen the movie twice. I have been addicted to the books for over a year now. I too, cannot wait until the next movie comes out. You are not the only "twerd" out there. The men are just jealous!

Abby Ungefug said...

Oh Daisy - As one of the t-shirt wearing fans that went with you I can definetly understand the obsession. I'm currently reading Breaking Dawn and taking longer because I don't want it to end. I saw a statement that said "When I read "Twilight" its hard to think it is only fiction". God Bless Ms. Meyers!!!

Anonymous said...

AMEN...Team Edward all the way :) Twilight is my obsession... I truly am obsessed.
Chels

Anonymous said...

OMG (as the teens say)!!! I'm right there with ya! I devoured the four books, watched the movie twice, and can barely contain myself at the thought of 3 more with him. YUM. I'm 35 and hideously old to a boy like Edward, but if he bit me now it wouldn't get any grosser would it!>!? hahahahaha Sigh...
From Holly ;0)

Felicia said...

Ah, yes! Twihards unite!

dad said...

I have no idea what you are talking about....but i will try to find out. Sounds interesting...I think.

Tanya said...

He is MINE!