Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Bucket List

Things I want to do, in no particular order, before I kick the bucket…

1. Front a band that does cover songs for inebriated people outdoors on warm, summer evenings
2. Find two other people to sing hymns in three-part harmony for no one but ourselves
3. Finish writing my romance novels
4. Get published
5. Become a real, bona fide motivational speaker
6. Teach college
7. Sit in a tavern with people I've never met, drinking cervezas and laughing hysterically, talking long into the night--in Spanish
8. Have dinner with Sean-Martin in several different countries
9. Go to Africa in some Bono-like capacity
10. Snuggle with my grandbabies

What's on your Bucket List?

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Well, haven't thought about it being a bucket list. I believe it's good to have goals in our life or we have no purpose for being here.

I am so glad to see you have a blog. I just started one last month after reading other's blogs for the last 4 years. It's www.horvethappenings.blogspot.com

If you are interested, it also has our personal website (now about 4 years old) but it has our trip to China for Caroline on it too under the adoption button.

I'll be bookmarking this page!

Teresa Horvet

Anonymous said...

I'll take #2!!!

Rod!

Anonymous said...

Uhhhh....we did have some 3 part harmony going on. Do you recall? Robin, you and I. But as I think back, you guys gave me such a hard time about stealing my own harmony I had to quit singing with you two. Ha! Anyone for a round of "He Touched Me"? Ahhh, the parking garage. Geez, good times!

Love your little bro-
devin

Anonymous said...

As I remember it, everytime I attempted to teach you your Vanguard part I was in constant competition with the sudden 3 part harmony chorus from Daisy, Devin and Robin. I think you have lived this bucket wish list my dear.

Love ya,
Guess who?