Monday, July 7, 2008

Catching Up!

I should really catch up with ya’ll. Honestly, my blogging has suffered with all that I’m doing for my book project with Donna. Today, however, I have a few moments, so I thought I’d spend them writing a post, since many of you have let me know I haven’t posted the entire month of June. Thank you for bringing this to my attention! And thank you for being interested in reading my stuff.
Stuff.
I don’t let my kids use the word “stuff” in their writing. Or “thing”. Or too many “likes” which drives me absolutely nuts. If you haven’t heard through the grapevine already, I am going to have the opportunity once again to teach kids NOT to use those words in their writing, as I have accepted a position back at Sage Valley, the same school I left two years ago. I’ll be teaching Reading and Language Arts to 6th, 7th, and 8th graders.
Ah, the irony of life.
I am thrilled for a couple reasons. First, I am thrilled to be back in the classroom again. I have missed all that is good about that, and that is no small amount. Second, it really, really seems to have been Divinely directed, (read previous posts) and anytime that happens, we should probably be pretty excited. After all, when the Creator of the universe takes time out of His busy schedule to let you know that you ARE His busy schedule, it tends to inspire, don’t you think? And third, it’s nice to be settled. I haven’t been settled for a while. Don’t get me wrong! I loved being spontaneous and FREEEEEEEEEEEE for the last two years! I’ve loved the restaurant, most days, I’ve loved my schedule, and I’ve loved the flexibility of my life. And now I’m loving the fact that I’ve probably found my niche, am reuniting with the kids I love, and will be contributing regularly to my retirement fund.
Yesterday I was blessed with about five boxes of books for middle school students. Novels, novels, novels! Classics, old and new. I had given much of my collection away two years ago. Yesterday, out of the blue, my sweet friend Kellie Hannum set me up with a new set of books to fill my empty shelves. I’d been thinking about those empty shelves and regretting that I’d cleaned out my stash. It seems that God said, “Oh, did you need some books? Here you go.” Only, it came out of Kellie’s mouth, God love her. Little, daily miracles. I think they’re everywhere if you just look.
I will keep you posted on the goings-on of my coming year. I am hungry, though, to hear about the goings-on of YOUR lives and want to hear all about your little, daily miracles. We’ve been happy to receive some company this summer and are looking forward to more. Sean-Martin wants to have one of our big parties very soon. We’d love to have you all spend $1000 on gasoline or airline tickets and come up for it! We’ll let you know when!
Until then, we love you and miss you more than we can say. Post a reply and let us know what you’re up to!
Much love,
Daisy

3 comments:

mwh710 said...

Hey Daisy,
Michael from Las Vegas here. Mercy has finally jumped through all of the hoops & hopefully/prayerfully she will be teaching in the fall. We got rid of our tiny motorhome & bought a not-very-PC-gas-guzzling-Dodge Durango 5.7 V8 Hemi, and a 28' travel-trailer - ahhhh all the comforts of home. Now we just need money for gas and for Mercy to have the same days off as me... :) BTW, she wants a baby bad.... wow, guess that's what you get from marrying a youngun'. We'll be praying on that. Payton is 12- going on 25, good grades, slightly bad attitude. She's growing up fast, but it really is an exciting time for all of us. Best of luck to you this fall.

Dancing daisy fan said...

Daisy, Daisy, DAISY,
You sooooo belong in the classroom. Our summer has been wonderfully simple (thanks to the economy.) Camren is starting high school this year (gulp) pray for us!!!!!! He has been accepted into the North West Tech Academy. This a magnet school for medical, engineering, media and culinary. It is like a collage! The campus is just amazing.New and full of promise. We are so excited for him. He is taking biomedical to study sports medicine if he dosen't make it into the NHL.You know the whole plan "B" thing. He loves his hockey! The girl thing has me going crazy!!!! It came out of no where. They are crawling out of the woodwork.

Barryboat said...

Christian....(I mean Daisy) always good to hear from you. So you're writing a book? what's it going to be about? I don't know if I told you but I wrote a book some time ago called Titanic Decision, you can order your own copy here:

http://www.lulu.com/content/2367756

I also have three more books that I'm working on at the same time....one will be about my Cruises With A Purpose concept, that one will come out first, then I'm writing a book titled "What is this World Coming To and What are You Going to Do About it?". I'm also writing a fictional story that I think will be a big hit. I always enjoy reading what you have to say...say Hi to Jamie & Donna for me.

Barry